Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Valtrex...Why So Happy?


So I was watching some television last night and I saw a very strange commercial. It was a commercial for a drug named Valtrex. If I would have had the television muted I would have thought it was for couples who had just won 10 million dollars or found out they are going to live forever. But no...... Valtrex is a drug for people with Genital Herpes. If you don't know what genital herpes is here you go:

"Genital herpes is an STD that typically appears as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur."

So back to the commercial. The couples they show on this commercial are riding bikes, taking hikes, hugging each other, jumping for joy and acting like life is perfect. DID YOU SEE THE DEFINITION ABOVE? I don't think the first thing I would do if I had a blister on my rectum is to jump on a bike and take a ride around town. These drug commercials don't make any sense. Valtrex may help with symptons but don't sugar coat it. If you lead people to think that STDs aren't that bad for you and can be made into paradise with a drug, then they will think why have safe sex? Then more and more STDs will be passed around. Thanks Valtrex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently they didn't experience any of the side effects for Valtrex, either. They include nausea, headache, vomiting, dizziness, and abdominal pain. High price to pay to rid yourself of rectal blisters.

Recovering said...

I don't know. If I had rectal blisters a little stomach ache would seem like a good deal...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...