Friday, October 01, 2010

Maxie's Restaurant & Lounge - Review

I have been going to Maxie's Restaurant in West Des Moines since I was a little kid. It has been a fixture on Grand Ave for the last 40 years, and there's a reason it's been in business so long. The reason..... Two words...... Maxie Burger. Yes, I would say this is the best burger in town hands down. You get a 1/2 pound burger with your choice of toppings (I suggest going with American cheese and pickles and mayo on the side) along with fries and onion rings. Now, I'm not a huge fan of onion rings, but most people will tell you that they are pretty darn good too. Since I always get the same thing there I can't say how good the rest of the food there is, but my wife gets the Filet and Lobster and has good things to say about it as well. You might also want to check our the "Maxie Special", which is a 7oz sirloin with 2 breaded shrimp, dinner salad, spaghetti and bread for only $16.29. Click here for full menu.

So definitely, the next time you want to try a Des Moines area legend, head over to Maxie's and enjoy some great food!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...