Monday, October 11, 2010

Jethro's BBQ - Food Review

So people have been telling me how good Jethro's BBQ is for the last year. I have been putting off going there, but after seeing the restaurant featured on Travel Channel's Man vs Food, I decided to try it out. My wife and I split a Dinner for 2 that included 4 meats and 4 sides. Here are my thoughts on each meat we tried:

Brisket: Had a good flavor, but the meat was really fatty
Smoked Turkey: Tasted like sliced lunch meat fried up on the skillet - Not impressed
Ham: Nice cut of ham, but didn't have much flavor
Pulled Pork: The highlight of the 4 meats. Great flavor - One of the best pulled porks in town

The sides that came along with it were your normal BBQ joint sides. The mac and cheese was a nice surprise and would definitely recommend. As far as the BBQ sauces, that's another place that Jethro's got it right. Their main house sauce is one of the best I've had. So overall, there were a few hits and a few misses. I will go back again to get some of that pulled pork. They also had some giant pork tenderloins that looked tasty. One other thing to mention. The soda there costs $2.50! I find that a little pricey. Just something to think about....

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...