Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Scientology

With all this talk about Scientology in the news regarding Tom Cruise, it made me curious to find out more. What exactly is this Scientology they speak of?????

I went to the official website for Scientology and their explanation was: "Scientology is an applied religious philosophy.
The fastest growing religious movement on earth, Scientology has become a firmly established and active force for positive change in the world in less than half a century. In a word, Scientology works."

After reading through more and more info on the Scientology site, I coudn't believe how vague this so called religion was. They seem to let you believe whatever you want and try to make you feel better just to get some money. The whole idea is based on a book by a science fiction writer named L. Ron Hubbard. (I like Star Wars....but I am not going to follow a religion if George Lucas starts one!)

I did some more research and found lots of negative feedback for this religion that nearly 8 million people follow. To me it seems like another scam, cooked up to get your money. But do some research yourself and form you own conclusion.

http://www.scientology.org/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...