Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stupid Store Questions

I know people are just doing there jobs when they ask you questions at stores. Maybe they are just trying to be helpful. This is great, I appreciate it.....but if you work in a specialty store, this question is really not needed. The other day, this happened to me twice. First, I was at Blockbuster Video to rent a movie to watch. I was walking down the row of new releases and I heard a voice from behind me, "Is there anything I can help you find?" Well, since I am at a "movie store", I answered, "a movie". Did the lady really have to ask me? Just let me look at the movies and if I have a question I can find you.
The second example is my favorite. I am Irish, proud of it, and like to buy Irish products to show my heritage. I was at an Irish shop down in Valley Junction, that only sells Irish related products. I walked into the store.....and of course the lady working there had to ask the question....."Can I help you find anything?" So of course I answered "I am looking for something Irish, do you have anything?" Looking back on it, I should have been a complete smart ass and said, "I am looking for something German, do you have it?"

Both these examples go into the "Thanks, Captain Obvious" category. I know these workers are just trying to do there job, but I still get a kick out of it. I guess they could ask more specific questions, but we know they really don't care anyway.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...