Thursday, January 22, 2009

Asian Hamburger Helper?

I was walking down the aisle in my local supermarket and something new caught my eye. I almost did a double take when I saw that Hamburger Helper now has two new varieties of Asian Helper. There is a Beef Fried Rice and a Mongolian Beef flavor to choose from. Generally speaking, I'm not usually a huge fan of Hamburger Helper (aka shit in a box), but even I couldn't resist trying out the Beef Fried Rice. It was pretty easy to make, just cook up some hamburger add seasoning and rice. When it gets done, you add 2 scrambled eggs to give it that classic fried rice feel. Overall, it was okay. It definitely needed a little salt and pepper to help it out. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but it does make me wonder....... What's next? Irish Helper perhaps? Maybe a corn beef and cabbage flavor? Only time will tell.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...