Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Organic Groceries at Walmart? Yep, You Read That Right.


I never really shop for groceries when I stop by Walmart. But, the other day I decided to take a look and see what kind of organic selections they have to offer. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did they have many of the organic items I buy other places, but they were priced $1.00-$2.00 cheaper! For example, Cascadian Farm granola bars are normally $4.68 at Hyvee Health Market, at Walmart only $2.68. That saves you $2.00 right there! Some of the other cheaper organic items I found there were milk, flour, sugar, cereal and frozen veggies. They also had a good selection of fresh chicken (no antibiotics or hormones) there too. So, before your next shopping trip to your regular supermarket, I would recommend checking out your local Walmart. You might just save yourself some green.
Bonus Tip: Looking for cheaper organic hamburger? Go to Costco. You can get a 3 pack of hamburger for $13.98. If you buy 3 packs of organic hamburger at Trader Joe's, you are looking at spending $17.97! Almost at $4.00 savings.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...