Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Are You a Shaniac?

I've had a ongoing craving for BBQ the last 2 months. It all begin when I ate at a restaurant down in Florida called, Jim and Nick's BBQ. It was the best BBQ I have ever had, no others even compare. They had wonderful brisket, pulled pork and some awesome fixings (cheesy cornbread - so good) to go with it. So since then I have been searching for some good BBQ to eat here in Des Moines. After trying some spots around town recommended by various people, I have finally found a winner. And the winner is....... Shane's Ribshack on University Ave in Clive. Their pulled pork is mouth watering, the brisket tender and tasty, and you have to try their ribs and chicken. Now I will admit, that their side dishes aren't the best in the world, but the fries and sweet tea more then make up for it. So give Shane's a shot if you are in the mood for some good down home BBQ done locally.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...