Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cold Butter is Not the Answer

The bread at the beginning of a meal is one of my favorite parts of eating out. At most places you either get some butter to spread on it or oil to dip it in. The other day I was eating at Granite City, where they serve you butter with your bread. So we get our bread and I start getting excited. I rip off a piece and get ready to spread on my butter....... and that's where my bread bliss is over. The butter is cold and as hard as a rock! There is no way I can spread that out to all corners of my bread. Instead, I just place the little square block in the middle of my bread and try to spread it around. The result.... a torn up piece of bread with butter in the middle. I guess I just don't get it. I know that the people who run the restaurant have eaten out and had bread before. Don't they see that you must let the butter soften a little bit at room temperature before serving to their patrons? I know I sound a little picky, but it's these little things that make for a regular customer and a one timer.

1 comments:

Christi B said...

I'm so with you on this one! Drives me crazy! Of course, the health department in some places is a big stickler on not having butter out, so that may have something to do with it, but I know here at home we use a butter bell to keep butter soft for spreading. I guess given the choice though, I still prefer cold, hard butter pats to the "spread" that some places serve instead! Good to meet another Brogan blogger!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...