Monday, April 12, 2010

Be Ready for the Storm


Living in Iowa, you always have to be prepared for severe weather in the middle of the night. It could be severe thunder storms, tornado's, hail or snow. To be alerted you could go out and buy a weather radio. But, the problem with the weather radio is that it blasts you with an ear popping alarm that will wake up the whole family. Yes, yes, I know that's the point, but maybe I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night for a flash food warning when the closet body of water to me is 3 miles away. With most weather radios, it's all or nothing when it comes to getting the alerts. So what you can do to solve this problem? Well the Weather Channel has the answer. Sign up for the their "Notify" service and have a phone call, text or email sent to you when severe weather in your area hits. The cool thing about this is if I only want to have a call when a tornado warning is in my area, I can set it up that way. Anyways, check it out. Click here.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...