Thursday, February 08, 2007

Killer Clowns from Outerspace


I am afraid of clowns. No I am not joking. I can't stand to be around them or even look at them (it is so hard to post a picture in the blog). The kid friendly character is a nightmare to me. I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night, in a puddle of sweat because I have a dream about waking up in bed and seeing a clown standing at the foot of my bed. If I saw Bozo the clown I would run in fear!

So what is this fear?......
"Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. In discussions of causes of coulrophobia, sufferers seem to agree that the most fear-inducing aspect of clowns is the heavy makeup, often accompanied by the bulbous nose and weird color of hair, that conceals the wearer's identity."
I really think this stems back to 3 things in my childhood:
1. The Moive "IT" (Stephen King)
2. The Movie "Killer Clowns from Outerspace"
3. A TV show I saw about John Wayne Gacy, an American serial killer. He was convicted of murder of 33 boys and men, 27 of whom he buried in a crawl space under the floor of his house, while others were found in nearby rivers. He became notorious as the "Killer Clown" because of the many block parties he attended, entertaining children in a clown suit and makeup, under the name of Pogo the Clown.
I dare you to watch these shows and not have a fear of the clown. These shows are just plain messed up!
So how can somebody like me get rid of this fear. I think I need a support group to help. A place where there are others like me. Then I found it. A place where I belong. A website devoted to hating the evil clowns of the world that scare the bejesus out of us. http://www.ihateclowns.com/ncz/whyyou.php




0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...