Sunday, February 25, 2007

BlizzardFest 2007



Well, winter has finally hit Iowa in February. We have had pretty good weather throughout the winter season, which made me start to believe in global warming. But, just when I thought spring was here.... a blizzard! I don't really mind the snow. I am use to it growing up in the midwest all my life. But there is one thing that annoys me about this inclimate weather. It is the scrolling messages on television showing all the closings and cancellations. If I am trying to watch a television program it is really distracting. It makes the screen smaller and every so often it gives a chime alert that pierces my ears and makes my cat go in to spontaneous convulsions (This is beyond scientific explanation). I do have to admit that sometimes the scrolling information is good. If I am looking to see if my work is closed, it is the best thing since sliced bread. Although you have to pay really good attention. With 400 or so closings on bad weather days, if I blink.... I may miss my work listing. Then you have to wait another 15 minutes for it to scroll through again. Sometimes I will sit there for up to an hour looking for my work listing, thinking that it will magically appear. Wow, my life is just so hard!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...