Friday, November 09, 2007

Just Close My Account and Shut Up

Sometimes trying to close an account over the phone is like pulling teeth. I had signed up for this monthly Credit Score Tracker service and decided after a few months that I didn't need it any more. I thought that I could simply call and cancel the membership....... I thought wrong. After punching in all my account information and listening to some classic 80's tunes turned into elevator music I was directed to a sales representative that I couldn't understand (go figure). I told the rep that I wanted to cancel my membership (number 1). That's when I had to hear about all the reasons I should keep the account. "I want to cancel my membership." (second time).

Sales Rep: "But, Mr. Brogan have I told you about all the advantages.....blah, blah, blah."

"Please cancel my membership." (number 3)

Sales Rep: "But, Mr. Brogan I can give you this special price just this once...blah, blah, blah."

"Please just cancel my membership now." (number 4)

It took me four times of asking and over 10 minutes to cancel my membership that should have taken 1 minute. Have you ever had this experience? It is just annoying!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...