Thursday, March 08, 2007

Health Insurance

Last week I received a medical guide from my health care insurance provider. The guide shows different medical conditions and symptoms that effect the human body. Now, why would my health insurance provider send this to me? Is this so I can diagnose my own conditions and not visit the doctor? Or was it to make me so paranoid about having certain conditions that I would go to the doctor? I would assume that my health insurance provider wants me to be in great physical and mental health and generally care about my well being. But after reading a few chapters in the medical guide, I think that they are just plain messing with my mind.

I feel that I am in pretty good health. Granted, I may not be able to walk upstairs in my house without running out of breath, but I get along. After reading the guide, I noticed that I had several of the symptoms for many of the medical conditions in the book. The more I read, the more I began to panic. Could I have Jondus, Avian Flu or Athlete's foot?..... My ear hurts.... What does this mean? My left pinky finger has a bump on it! What should I do?

So I visited the doctor after I calmed down. I found out that I really wasn't going through menopause or that I really didn't have Athlete's Foot. But, I did find out something that others have been saying for years.... I am crazy, thanks in part to my health insurance provider.

1 comments:

Recovering said...

Come to think of it, the last time I saw you - you looked kind of pale. Not to make you paranoid or anything...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...