Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Power of Green Tea

I have been on a green tea kick lately. I am a huge fan of drinking tea anyway, but the more I find out about green tea, the more I am intrigued. I have heard in the past that green tea can help prevent cancer. More recently I have heard that drinking tea can help you lose weight. Can this be true? I had to check this out more. Here is what I found:

-Green tea boosts your metabolism - Studies have reported that green tea extract can result in an increase of energy expenditure.

-Green tea may reduce appetite - I'm not sure if it's from the tea itself, or from the fact that you are filling your stomach with the fluids from the tea, as liquid consumption has also been known to help reduce your appetite.

-May inhibit fat absorption - Experts say that catechins in green tea help inhibit the movement of glucose into fat cells. It also helps slow the rise of blood sugar after a meal.

-Drinking green tea, and replacing other, higher calorie drinks can serve as a double boost to your weight-loss efforts.

During my research I came to the conclusion that drinking green tea may help lose weight, but that it it not a magical potion to help you instantly lose weight. I can see where drinking the tea and exercising may show some results after a few weeks. Bottom Line: It can't hurt to drink it!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...