Monday, March 28, 2011

Banana Bread with Cashews - Recipe

We buy organic bananas each week for our daughter to eat. The problem is my wife and I don't really eat them too. So we are left with extra bananas each week. I just can't let them go to waste and my daughter's stuffed pink monkey, name Punky, can't eat them, so I have to use them up in some way. This week I decided to make some Banana Bread. My wife enjoys it with nuts, but we didn't have any walnuts or pecans that your normally put into it. But, what I did have was some cashew pieces. That should work..... shouldn't it? Yes it does. Can't taste the difference and it turned out great! Here's the recipe I came up with:

Ingredients:

- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Flaxseed Meal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Cashew Pieces

Directions:
Combine 2 flours, baking powder, baking soda, flaxseed meal and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix up the mashed bananas, egg, oil and sugar. Mix your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients bowl and then fold in the cashew pieces. Pour mixture into a greased bread pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Check bread by sticking in a knife or toothpick. When it comes out clean, you know it's done. Let it cool and then enjoy!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...