Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Gold Guys - Recycle Your Gold


My wife had accumulated some gold jewelry over the years that she didn't want anymore. I was given the job of recycling it. So I headed out to Jordan Creek Mall to see The Gold Guys. I had read good reviews about the store and they are a BBB accredited business which is always promising. I went in not really knowing what to expect. I thought it would be a long drawn out process, but I was wrong. It couldn't be easier. I presented the rings, earrings and bracelet that I brought with me. First they took a magnet to it to easily eliminate anything that wasn't gold. That dropped out two of my pieces. Then they looked for markings on each piece showing if it as 10kt, 14kt or 24kt. Then they took each piece and rubbed it against a special stone. Over where they rubbed it, they used different chemicals to determine if the markings were accurate. After that they weighed it and made me an offer. I accepted and they cut me a check. The whole process only took about 10 minutes and I walked out of there a little richer (A lot better than I thought I would do). I would recommend the Gold Guys to all my friends and family. If you do happen to go in and sell some gold, give them my name as a reference and I get 10 percent of what you got too. Good deal!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...