Saturday, April 09, 2011

Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw - My Secret to Getting My Toddler to Eat Broccoli

My 2 year old daughter doesn't like broccoli at all. I have tried putting cheese on it, hiding it in various casseroles, but she just won't eat it. One thing that my daughter does like eating is Cole Slaw. So, the other day when I was walking down the aisle at Trader Joe's and saw Organic Broccoli Slaw, a light bulb went off in my head. Could this be the answer to getting my daughter to eat broccoli?
I got home and decided to give it the old college try. I mixed the Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw (shredded broccoli and carrots) with some ranch dressing and crossed my fingers. I put it in a big bowl and started eating it myself, knowing that my daughter would be intrigued and want a bite. As soon as I took a bite I hear, "Daddy, bite". So I gave her a small bite. She slowly chewed it and then asked for another bite.... and another. She almost ate up the whole bowl on her own.... and then wanted more. So finally I found the answer to the broccoli dilemma. If you are trying to get your children to eat broccoli and would definitely try the slaw. Thank you Trader Joe's!



0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...